Under the general direction of the Police Chief, individuals in this position provide leadership and supervision of assigned officers and civilian personnel, and oversee assigned department functions as the Patrol Commander or Operations Commander. The Commanders work to ensure effective and efficient delivery of law enforcement services within the context of goals and objectives outlined by the department.
- Race And Equity
- Community Partnerships
- PEACE Commission
- Officer Wellness
- Bachelor’s Degree in Law Enforcement or related.
- Minimum of seven years experience as a full-time licensed police officer.
- Minimum of three years experience as a supervisor.
- MN POST Board License or ability for reciprocity.
- A valid Minnesota Driver’s License.
- Experience working in or supporting investigations.
- Considerable knowledge of relevant laws, rules, general orders, regulations, and ability to quickly develop knowledge of City ordinances.
- Ability to complete the essential duties and responsibilities of the position with or without reasonable accommodations.
More Information and Application Process: https://www.goldenvalleymn.gov/newsarchive/wp-content/uploads/Police-Commander-Profile-Final.pdf