The City of Creve Coeur, Missouri seeks a forward-thinking, community-minded public safety leader for the full-time position of Chief of Police. The Chief of Police directly oversees the day-to-day operations of the Creve Coeur Police Department and advises staff, City Council, and the Police and Safety Committee on public safety policies and issues. Additional responsibilities include policy development, program planning, fiscal management and administration/operation of 49 sworn Police Officers, five full-time civilian positions and one part-time civilian position, and an annual budget of $7.2 million.
Starting annual salary $120,000 +/- DOQ. To learn more about this executive-level opportunity that offers a comprehensive benefit package, visit www.crevecoeurmo.gov/PoliceChief
- Bachelor’s degree in criminal justice, public administration or similar from an accredited university
- Well-rounded career in law enforcement which includes a minimum of five years command-level experience.
- Strong leadership skills to manage, develop and maintain positive morale
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with elected and appointed officials, citizens and staff
- Knowledge of federal, state and local laws and regulations with a track record of using best-practice police methods
- P.O.S.T. certified by the State of Missouri, or ability to meet all Police Officer requirements for the State of Missouri within 60 days of appointment
- Ability to successfully complete physical ability test within 30 days of appointment and maintain officer physical fitness requirements
- Past experience of developing and executing strategic plans and policies
- Experience serving a police department similar in size and complexity to Creve Coeur (resident population 18,622; daytime population 53,200)
- Master’s degree
- FBI National Academy graduate, or similar command college
- Prior experience with a CALEA accredited police department or agency
Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, applications and supporting documentation are accepted online only.
For consideration, please complete the application at www.crevecoeurmo.gov/PoliceChief and upload a cover letter of interest, resume, salary history, and four (4) work-related references (including contact information and email addresses). Deadline for submission is April 12, 2021.
The City of Creve Coeur is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and values diversity in its workforce.