Website Chatham University
Founded in 1869, Chatham University has an enrollment of over 2,200 students across over 60 undergraduate and graduate programs in our areas of excellence: sustainability & health, the arts & sciences and business & communications. Chatham has consistently been named a College of Distinction and a “Best College” by U.S. News & World Report, and–as the alma mater of environmental icon, Rachel Carson (Class of ’29)–is perennially ranked as one of the greenest colleges in the United States by Sierra Magazine and the Princeton Review.
Chatham’s mission is: “to prepare students to build lives of purpose, value and fulfilling work…by preparing graduates to be informed and engaged citizens in their communities; to recognize and respect diversity of culture, identity, and opinion; and to live sustainably.” Building on this mission, Chatham is committed to creating a supportive and inclusive learning, living and working environment for all members of the campus community.
Chatham consists of the School of Health Sciences; the Falk School of Sustainability & Environment; the School of Arts, Science and Business; and the School for Continuing & Professional Studies.
Located in Pittsburgh, PA–one of the country’s most livable cities and great college towns–Chatham is spread across three distinct locations: the historic arboretum, Shadyside Campus; Chatham Eastside in the fast-growing East End; and Eden Hall Campus, one of the world’s most sustainable campuses.
Chatham University is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a strong commitment to diversity, inclusion, and equity. Women, veterans, individuals with disabilities, and members of other underrepresented groups are highly encouraged to apply. Chatham University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, or national origin.
To help support the work of the University, we have an immediate opening for a Police Officer.
Position Reports To: Chief of Police
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides safety, security, and protection services to the university community by patrolling assigned areas or buildings to enforce laws and university policies and procedures, which may include security of individual building/stationary locations.
- Deters, restrains, and/or arrests individuals attempting to inflict physical harm on themselves or others or to commit criminal acts.
- Occasionally helps investigators and/or inspectors to conduct investigations or special projects as requested.
- Maintains regular radio contact with Base and/or other officers to clock in, advise of unusual situations, and to request backup when necessary.
- Provides crowd control and/or traffic control during schedule activities or during emergency situations as necessary.
- Observes and reports faulty and/or unsafe conditions, to include ensuring that fire and other safety precautions are in working order.
- Attends internal and/or external training courses, classes, and seminars to further develop skills and knowledge.
- Provides basic information and directions to community members and/or the general public. Provides other work-related duties as requested.
- High School graduation (diploma) or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Certification under Pennsylvania Act 120 and Act 235.
- Certification in emergency first aid, CPR, and AED.
- Pennsylvania Driver’s License
- Firefighter and/or safety experienced preferred.
Chatham University offers a competitive salary, an excellent benefits package, including tuition remission for qualified personnel, and a generous retirement plan.
Interested candidates should visit www.chatham.edu/careers and follow the instructions to complete the application process. To ensure full consideration, please submit a cover letter addressing the qualifications of the position, professional resume, and contact information for three professional references.
Chatham University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Actively Seeks Diverse Candidates
To apply for this job please visit chatham.applicantpro.com.