Website BNSF Railway
Apply on: www.bnsf.com/careers
Job Location: Fort Worth
Other Potential Locations: Fort Worth, TX
Number of Positions: 1
Salary Range: $68040-$75600
Salary Band: 27
Work location: BNSF Fort Worth Headquarters
Protects and safeguards company assets and resources including personnel, property and customer’s property entrusted to the company.
Conduct proficient, sensitive corporate and criminal investigations, provide accurate, detailed reports and provide court testimony when required.
Identify and properly handle trespassers on Company property and make arrests as appropriate.
Counsels and advises company officials to reduce crime and accidents and improve security; coordinates response to railroad emergencies; supervises contract security guards and trains other employees on relevant matters.
Perform aggressive crime prevention patrol of facilities and railroad property.
Perform other duties as assigned
• High School diploma or GED
• Must have satisfactorily completed basic police training at a recognized state certified academy
• Must meet peace officer commissioning standards in state in which this job is posted and be commissioned as such and maintain a valid State Peace Office License in that state.
• Must meet BNSF Resource Protection Solutions Team standards as a Special Agent
• Must have a valid driver’s license
• Must be willing and able to travel as required
• Must be able and willing to use the company’s computer system for creating reports and databases
• Must be physically and psychologically fit, able to successfully pass any required company evaluations and pass an extensive background investigation
• Must successfully complete any required company training for this position
• Must have broad knowledge of railroad industry and operations; particularly as it relates to handling emergency situations such as derailments, load securement, and like events
• Must have a broad knowledge of criminal law and procedures
• Must be able to successfully lead people, often in a stressful critical-event environment
• Must be able to meet any government or Company training and retention standards
• Must live or be willing to relocate within 50 miles of the assigned work location
• Eighteen months of successful experience as a full time peace officer with a city, county, state federal or railroad law enforcement agency required
BNSF offers competitive benefit programs and services including, but not limited to
Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
Incentive Compensation Plan (ICP)
Tuition Reimbursement Program
BNSF Railway is an Equal Opportunity Employer. BNSF considers candidates regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
BACKGROUND INVESTIGATION ELEMENTS
Last 7 years of driving history
Last 5 years of employment history to include military service
Social Security number
MEDICAL REVIEW ELEMENTS:
Other elements as needed
DRUG TEST ELEMENTS:
BNSF is committed to a safe and drug free work place and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing. All new hires are required to undergo a hair drug test which detects the presence of illegal drugs for months prior to testing. We appreciate your cooperation in keeping BNSF safe and drug free.
Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC): Federal authority requires BNSF employees, whose work requires unescorted access to secure areas of port facilities, to obtain a TWIC. A TWIC is a condition of employment for such positions and requires candidates to those positions to submit to a TSA security assessment (to include, but not limited to, providing: biographic information; identity documents; fingerprints; digital photograph). More information is available at www.tsa.gov/for-industrytwic.