The National Association of Women Law Enforcement Executives
Mentoring in Police Organizations
for Recruitment, Retention, and Advancement of Women and Minorities
The National Association of Women Law Enforcement Executives (NAWLEE) is committed to leadership in:
- The improvement of police practices
- Increasing the number of women executives in law enforcement
- The retention of women in law enforcement
- Increasing the number of women chiefs in law enforcement
- And being a resource for its membership through the skills, strengths and experience of its membership.
- In accordance with these goals, NAWLEE has developed a formal mentor program for the benefit of its membership, and as a model for other police agencies and organizations.
- The NAWLEE mentor program facilitates and oversees the pairing of NAWLEE members to enhance and develop professional growth.
- The goal of this program is to support and further advance women in law enforcement, and to provide a medium for productive exchange of ideas, experience, and learning.
- Support and Guidance
- Mutual Rewards
The NAWLEE Mentoring Program is open to all current members. If you are interested in becoming involved in the NAWLEE Mentoring Program as a mentor, protégé or both please email us and tell us a bit about yourself..
The Mentoring Committee will periodically review mentor/protégé requests and make pairings according to “best fit.” If you would like to request a specific member pairing please note that on the mentoring questionnaire and we will coordinate based on availability. You will be notified of your paring and also provided an invitation to join our NAWLEE Mentoring Program DropBox folder. The folder contains information specific to the NAWLEE Mentoring Program. It also includes an array of mentoring and leadership resources.
We are currently reviewing all parings previously conducted. If you are currently happily paired with a mentor/protégé please contact Deputy Chief Shannon Trump at the below email address with that information so that she can confirm you on the master list created for the program. If you do not wish to remain with your current mentor/protégé or you wish to engage in a mentoring paring, please send us an email or request additional information.
Please contact the NAWLEE Mentoring Committee Chair Deputy Chief. Shannon Trump, Noblesville (IN) PD at email@example.com for any questions or additional information.
We have posted materials below as an overview on the basic concepts of mentoring and for those wishing to create a mentoring program in your own agency.
NAWLEE Mentoring Resource